Puducherry Electricity Department Recruitment 2022 | Junior Engineer | 42 Posts | Last Date : 18 April 2022 |
Organization Name :- Puducherry Electricity Department
The Electricity Department of Government of Puducherry is a deemed licensee under Section 14 of Electricity Act, 2003 and is carrying on the business of Transmission, Distribution and retail supply of Electricity in Puducherry, Karaikal, Yanam and Mahe Regions of the Union Territory of Puducherry.
With all the Towns and villages electrified in as early as 1972, the Union Territory is 100% fully electrified. The business of generation of Electricity in the Union Territory of Puducherry is being carried out by the Puducherry Power Corporation Limited, an undertaking wholly owned by the Government of Puducherry. The Puducherry power Corporation Limited presently operates a 33 MW gas power plant in Karaikal region.
Organization Website :- www.pedservices.py.gov.in
Position :- Junior Engineer
Job Location :- Puducherry
Salary :- Rs.33,000/month
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering of a recognized University or A.M.I.E. (Electrical)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognized institution/ technical board with 3 years of experience after acquiring Diploma in the field of operation and maintenance of power system transmission and distribution from a reputed industry/ utility.
- The Degree Course should have been approved by the AICTE/UGC, as applicable to the institution offering the Degree Course; and The Degree Certificate should have been issued by a recognized University/Institution.
- In compliance with the policy of the AICTE & UGC on imparting technical education, the Diploma/Degree certificates obtained from Institutions/ Universities/ Deemed to be Universities through Distance Education Mode will not be considered as valid qualification.
- The Diploma Course should have been approved by the AICTE; and The Diploma Certificate should have been issued by a State Board of Technical Education.
Age Limit (as on 31/01/2022) :-
- Unreserved/ EWS – 30 years
- OBC – 33 years
SC/ ST – 35 years
Upper age is relaxable by:
- For OBC – up to 3 years
- For SC/ST – up to 5 years
- For PWD – up to 10 years
Category Wise Vacancies :-
- UR – 17 Posts
- EWS – 4 Posts
- OBC – 14 Posts
- SC – 7 Posts
Selection Process :-
- The selection process for the post of Junior Engineer will be based on written competitive examination. Questions will be on technical knowledge.
|Scheme of Written Test||No. Of Questions||Total Marks||Duration||Marks for correct answer||Negative mark|
|Objective Multiple Choice Question||100||100||2 hours||1 mark||– 0.25|
- Candidates scoring less than cut-off marks as given below will not be considered for selection:
UR/EWS/OBC/SC(Others)/OBC(Migrant) : 50%
SC/PwD/Ex-Sm(ECO/SSCO) Disabled Defence Service Personnel : 40%
How to Apply :-
All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post through online by using official website along with required documents on or before 18 April 2022.
Official Notification :- Click Here
Apply Link :- Click Here
|Diploma Whatsapp Group|
|Engg. Degree Whatsapp Group|
|Diploma Telegram Group|
|Engg. Degree Telegram Group|